1. A bedroom must be neat and clean with fresh air flowing through the bedroom windows and bedroom door to invite positve Qi (energy) in the room, giving you a good night sleep and inviting luck onto you in the following day.
1. A bed should be backed by a wall and it is a taboo just to place a bed in the middle of the room without any backing. A bed should always have a solid and high headboard. The headboard should be sans any holes or gaps in it and a wood headboard or frame is preferable. A headboard is good for overall support in life, including career support. It’s also helpful for relationships.
2. Ceiling beams in the bedroom are bad for fengshui. The closer the beams are to the body, the more precarious they are, so bed should never be placed directly under the ceiling beams.
3. The bedroom should always have soothing colours and be free of any bright colors or chaotic wallpaper. Colour has been scientifically proven to negatively or positive affect the our mind and body. Bright colours are too taxing when the body is trying to rest. This is why it is best to avoid bright colors and chaotic paper.
4. There should never be anything above the bed besides the headboard. Shelving units or any other cabinets above the bed can cause negative Qi and can disrupt your sleep.
5. Space under the bed should be kept empty and should not be kept as storage area. If one wishes, light objects such as clean clothing can be store there. If other items are stored; the persons who sleep in the bed may experience health issues.
6. A bed should not face the room door or mirror directly, as one who sleeps there may invite negative Qi coming into their body.
7. Sharp edge of bedroom cabinets, tables, cupboards etc should not be facing a bed as it may cause health problems and bad luck.
8. A bed should not be next to the bathroom wall as it may cause causes negative Qi and bring health problems.
If you are interested to renovate your bedroom or home in Singapore following the principles of good fengshui you can engage our services. Please contact Tel : +65 97997866 (Mr Beson Tay, 9am - 8pm Daily)